Signs & Symptoms
- Early-stage prostate cancer typically does not cause symptoms.
- As the cancer progresses, symptoms may include:
- Frequent urination
- Difficulty starting or stopping urination
- Weak or interrupted urine flow
- Painful or burning urination
- Blood in the urine or semen
- Painful ejaculation
- Pain in the lower back, hips, or pelvis
The exact cause of prostate cancer is not known, but risk factors include:
- The stage of prostate cancer refers to the extent of the cancer and how far it has spread.
- Stages range from I to IV, with I indicating that the cancer is confined to the prostate and IV indicating that the cancer has spread to other parts of the body.
- Age (most cases are diagnosed in men over the age of 65)
- Family history of prostate cancer
- Being African-American
- High-fat diet
- Exposure to certain chemicals
Prevention, Screening & Diagnosis
- Prostate cancer screening typically involves a blood test called the prostate-specific antigen (PSA) test.
- A digital rectal exam (DRE) may also be performed.
- Surgery (prostatectomy)
- Radiation therapy
- Hormone therapy
- Active surveillance for early-stage prostate cancer
Post treatment follow up
- Close monitoring of the prostate-specific antigen (PSA) levels
- Regular imaging tests to check for recurrence
- Regular check-ups with your doctor
- Physical therapy to maintain mobility and function
At MGM Cancer Institute, our team of experts will work with you to create a personalized treatment plan that takes into account your individual needs and goals. Contact us today to schedule a consultation with one of our specialists +91 44 4251 5151 and email us at [email protected] for queries and more details. Together, we can fight and overcome prostate cancer.